Imagine Edgenuity Community

View Only
  • 1.  How are you preparing for Fall 2021?

Posted 05-26-2021 07:20 AM
    I am interested in how you are all planning for the 2021-2022 school year. Primarily what improvements or changes do you plan to make to your program.  I am always looking for ways to be more organized.  Here are the tasks I plan to work on.

• Reorganize and update the Google Edgenuity folder I share students
    • Update my student orientation workshops to be more Zoom friendly 
    • Create and update automated Progress Reports in Genius SIS
    • Withdraw students no longer enrolled in the program- seniors who have graduated, students who have returned to the school building 
    • Create "form" emails" prepped with content that I repeatedly send to students during the school year.  Such as "How to attend teacher study hall",  what is the "actual grade, relative grade, and overall grade"
    • Clean up subscribers in the REMIND app-I use this to communicate with students and parents
    • Update the Attendance form that my students must submit daily
    • Update the Parent Newsletter
    • Update Family Portal email
    • Update Edgenuity school year Calendar in the LMS, clean up Announcements, and prep "Schedules"
    OK, so I need 2 summers to get this all done.

------------------------------
    Marcelle McGhee
    Berks County Intermediate Unit

• 2.  RE: How are you preparing for Fall 2021?

Posted 05-26-2021 11:32 AM
    Marcelle, I love your list and have a zillion questions.
    - What's in your Edgenuity folder you share with kids? I have short videos in a youtube channel, maybe that's similar.
    - Love the idea of the form emails.
    - What's in your parent newsletter and how often does that go out?
    - What's the Family Portal email? An email with instructions on how to access the parent portal?
    - I used Schedules for the first time recently, very helpful. Great idea to set them up in the summer.

My list includes:
    - Review middle school sci and SS courses and make sure they're aligned
    - Create a beginning of year activity for lab science classes explaining how the lab report is written and providing a template. 
    - Rewrite some of the science projects to include a virtual alternative (like the earth-moon-Sun model), and to take out the groupwork aspect
    - Add more projects to Bio Accelerated
    - Make taking the CDT (benchmark testing) a project in the course, so kids definitely do it.
    - Add more written assignments to the physics courses.

(Some of the above done by me, others by our teachers)

stephanie reilly
    fox chapel area school district

• 3.  RE: How are you preparing for Fall 2021?

Posted 05-26-2021 12:25 PM
    Here is the link to the program website

Here is the link to one of my Edgenuity folders for Grades 6-12.  The K-5 students have a separate folder. 

I don't think the newsletters have to be very long, just quick hits to keep parents and students engaged.  I usually send something out at least 1 time a month. I use REMIND for daily engagement.

Link to one of my newsletters short and sweet.  Here is one I sent last Thanksgiving, it was not school-related but I think appropriate at the time. 

Every school year we have a "Mastering Edgenuity"  session usually around October and then again in February-here is the newsletter I send with the announcement. 

The family portal email is an email that urges parents to use the portal code I include in the email to create an account and to regularly check their student's attendance and progress.  I usually send this as soon as the student is enrolled and then again around the end of the 1st quarter to remind parents who may not have created their account as yet. I provide graphic instructions on how to create the account. 

I have some form emails for students who are absent, behind in pacing, plagiarizing, graduating seniors, AP students-with AP exam date reminders, SAT students with date reminders

I also require students to attend a mandatory orientation, where I review the program requirements and how to use the SIS and LMS system.  I plan to redo my orientation to spend more time showing students how to book study hall and how to use the Course Report. Students this year had some issues submitting work so I am also going to include some more detail on how to submit presentations etc.  

Marcelle McGhee
    Berks County Intermediate Unit